Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Our specialized Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) helps clients develop the skills and relationships needed to sustain recovery from alcohol and other drug use while keeping up with job, school and family commitments.
Intensive Outpatient Program Designed to Fit Your Situation and Schedule
With flexible daytime or evening scheduling, our Intensive Outpatient Program provides up to 15 hours per week of individual, group, and family therapy. IOP groups meet three times a week for three-hour sessions, but decrease in frequency as clinical milestones are met. All therapy is led by master’s level clinicians who specialize in substance use and co-occurring disorders. Over a period of eight to twelve weeks, IOP clients learn a range of critical recovery skills including:
- Coping with alcohol and drug cravings
- Accepting and acting on feedback
- Practicing effective communication
- Finding healthy ways to reduce stress
- Identifying triggers and learning healthy ways to deal with them
- Improving decision-making abilities
- Creating healthy relationships
Our intensive outpatient program may be indicated for individuals returning home after inpatient treatment or those requiring a higher level of support to guard their sobriety.
Core components of our intensive outpatient program
- Co-ed & gender-specific tracts
- Up to 15 hours per week of individual, group, and family therapy
- Masters-level clinicians and addiction specialists
- Individualized education and recovery resources
- Small group sizes
- Individual counseling support
- Alcohol & drug screenings
Getting started with IOP
If you are facing the challenge of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, we can help. Our professional staff is equipped to facilitate assessment, treatment planning, and clinical recommendations. To learn more about Clearpoint or to find out whether our IOP treatment program is right for you and your family, caring admissions counselors available to speak with you at 203.293.1723.