The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) at Clearpoint is a form of specialized outpatient addiction treatment that provides more structure and a more intensive level of care than a standard outpatient program, while still accommodating an individual’s work and home life. It is used as a follow-up to medical detoxification, as a primary form of treatment, or as part of a continuing care plan for individuals who have completed an inpatient program.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
When compared to inpatient drug and alcohol treatment, IOP offers similar programming with the flexibility of fitting into your existing daily routine and schedule. Intensive drug rehab at Clearpoint includes up to 15 hours a week of individual counseling, group therapy sessions, medication management, and family support.
Intensive outpatient treatment at Clearpoint offers:
- A gradual, step-down treatment model
- A small, safe group environment
- Flexible day and evening sessions
- Ongoing support delivered through a team-focused approach
- Transportation assistance
- Aftercare planning and post-treatment services
- Upscale client housing (sober living) when returning home is not an option
Who Qualifies for Outpatient Drug RehabTreatment?
- Are medically stable and cleared by a physician
- Are motivated to recover from a substance use disorder
- Have completed a higher level of intensive care (partial hospitilazation, inpatient rehab, detox)
- Have a lesser degree of addiction or substance abuse, or
- Have completed detox and/or are not physically dependent
All IOP drug rehab participants receive individualized treatment planning tailored to meet their unique needs. Treatment plans include a variety of therapeutic interventions, which can include:
- Family Therapy: Helping families identify relational dynamics; understand generational patterns; achieve appropriate dynamics; implement boundaries; and restructure relationships are important goals of family therapy and education at Clearpoint.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy sessions are the primary treatment component used in our intensive outpatient program. Group topics vary from on the needs of the participants and the dynamics of the group.
- Individual Therapy: Clients meet with a therapist at least once a week – ensuring core issues are identified and properly addressed.
- Medication-assisted Treatment: Medication-assisted treatment is effective for the treatment of opioid dependence – in tandem with therapy and support.
- Psychiatry & Medication Management: Psychiatric medication management focuses on treating addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders with medications while educating clients about addiction, mental illness, and the side effects.
- Complimentary Therapies: Effective addiction treatment should address the whole individual. Complementary therapies include yoga, meditation, personal training, and more.
Factors Influencing Outpatient Drug Rehab Treatment Programs
The treatment program team at Clearpoint considers all factors that can impact the treatment of a client’s addiction, including:
- Type of addiction
- Length of addiction
- Physical health
- Family and social support
- Co-occurring disorders
- Professional and personal commitments
These are just some of the factors that must be considered in developing the most effective outpatient treatment program for you. Our treatment professionals and treatment programs are equipped to handle a wide variety of substance abuse issues.
Other Disorders Influencing Outpatient Treatment Programs
Many people suffering from drug and alcohol abuse and addiction also have separate and distinct mental health issues. These issues can include:
- Bi-polar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Your treatment team will thoroughly evaluate all mental health issues, allowing us to make sure that you receive comprehensive outpatient drug rehab treatment designed for you. These integrated services are designed to support your journey towards full recovery, and life free from addiction.
How an Intensive Outpatient Program Can Help
For individuals in search of recovery from substance abuse, finding help and support from treatment professionals and those who are active in recovery is an important first step. By participating in intensive outpatient programming at Clearpoint, one will receive high-quality programming and therapy designed to address their specific addiction issues.
The individual will also receive the support and encouragement of others who are dealing with similar experiences with recovery and addiction. Additionally, the support provided through participating in our IOP will help guard against the effects of Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS).
It is important to understand that there are two stages of withdrawal that a recovering addict experiences during their early recovery. The first stage, or acute stage, can last for several weeks after they stop using substances. Post-acute withdrawal syndrome can come months later and after a individual’s physiological functions return to baseline.
When experiencing PAWS-related symptoms, individuals may exhibit signs of depression, anxiety, and fear. By participating in continuing care at Clearpoint Recovery Center’s intensive outpatient program, one will learn that these symptoms as normal and understand how to cope with negative thoughts and feelings in a healthy manner. Additionally, those who develop a continuing care plan as part of our IOP have a higher probability of staying sober and can better manage and maintain long-term recovery and sobriety.
Outpatient Treatment in a Private, Relaxed Environment
Outpatient rehab at Clearpoint is offered in a private, relaxed, and modern setting – a 5,000 sq ft refuge of healing overlooking the Saugutuck River near downtown Westport.
To schedule a comprehensive alcohol or drug evaluation, call us today at 1-203-293-1723.